On 17 August 2014 15:21, ‘Louis Vaz’ via Saligao-Net <email@example.com> wrote:
Budding & experienced musicians (instrumentalists, singers) of Saligao are invited to meet every Saturday evening at the Saligao Institute from 5.00 pm – 7.00 pm. Please bring your own instruments. There will be a coordinator/trainer. Show off your talent, practice, learn to play from & with each other.
A stroke of genius, Louis!
This is thinking straight out of the box…loaded with suspense-filled possibility. Here are some things this brilliant initiative can lead to:- naturally, promote musical talent – vocal, choral and instrumental.
- give people who do not have the means, a chance to learn from their peers and co-villagers.
- give those who have learnt some music a chance to share their talents and skills with others: a chance to payback to Saligao and Goa.
- give village musicians – experts and novices – an opportunity to band into performing combinations and begin to go professional when they are ready…an employment opportunity.
- list a pool of local musical talent that can be tapped for various events, both as professionals and as volunteers.
- to give villagers of all ages, an evening sing-a-long with village musicians
- promote the value of cooperation instead of the dog-eat-dog competition that devours modern living.
- music as a common denominator blurring the divisive boundaries of creed, class, caste, language etc., that otherwise fragments Saligao so literally.
- the beginnings of the Saligao School of Music…
…the possibilities are endless. We really do not know where this can take the village…
…but congratulations anyway to Louis and all those who are part of this new burst of energy, this new labour of love, this new vision for Saligao.It was long overdue!
The warmest of regards, lots of solidarity and all success in making these dreams a reality.
PS: Louis, initially, that “coordinator / trainer” is critical to guiding this creative initiative and keeping it within acceptable parameters. We really need some responsible volunteers, to orient and mentor this brainwave. – M&M.
On 17 August 2014 13:07, Louis Jude Vaz <notification+zj4ys2zacj66@
Budding & experienced musicians (instrumentalists, singers) of Saligao are invited to meet every Saturday evening at the Saligao Institute from 5.00 pm – 7.00pm. Please bring your own instruments. There will be a coordinator/trainer. Show off your talent, practice, learn to play from & with each other.